As the title reads, the stir crazy Russians have had enough of India and America pulling out the big guns in space. India one upped NASA by discovering water on the moon, so USA did the typical American thing by discovering water harder and faster by launching a rocket into the moon. That mission effectively bombed the shit out of the lunar surface kicking up dust to be analysed. Good ol’ Yankees.
Russians have had enough of monkeys playing accordions however (is this a Russian thing? lol) and decided its time to shoot them off into space to discover the red planet face to face. They first sent the primates into orbit in 1983 aboard the last Bion flights. Personally I am OK with sending animals into space, animal cruelty doesn’t enter the picture. I would rather it a monkey than a human.
But would could they possibly achieve from sending a monkey as opposed to a robot? I am sure there is a sensor available or a robotic arm that could do anything that a living creature could do, lacking the higher intelligence of a human. The entire experiment is estimated to take 520 days to complete, round trip. The monkey would be accompanied by a robot, in what appears to be a tragically comical mix-up of 2001: A Space Oddity. Lets just hope for the monkeys sake that computers name isn’t HAL.
Just for kicks some other notable events that have taken place involving shooting animals into space aboard rockets were Laika the dog, Ham the chimpanzee and miscellaneous rats & newts. Good times for all!
Now lets stop exploring space for a year or two, fix up Earth, then continue on our merry way! The fascist leadership on the planet is blatantly obvious when you start to consider the cost of one of these experiments compared to some basic shelter and food for the homeless. But yeah just keep firing monkeys into orbit – nice.
FLUORIDE HEALTH EFFECTS DATABASE
1) Fluoride’s ability to damage the brain represents one of the most active areas of research on fluoride toxicity today.
2) The research on fluoride and the brain has been fueled by 18 human studies from China, India, Iran, and Mexico finding elevated levels of fluoride exposure to be associated with IQ deficits in children. Fluoride’s impact on IQ is exacerbated among children with low-iodine exposure.
3) The impact of fluoride on children’s IQ has been documented even after controlling for children’s lead exposure, iodine exposure, parental education and income status, and other known factors that might impact the results (Rocha-Amador 2007; Xiang 2003 a,b).
4) In addition to IQ studies, 3 studies (Yu 1996; Du 1992; Han 1989) have found that fluoride accumulates in the brain of the fetus, causing damage to cells and neurotransmitters and 1 study (Li 2004) has found a correlation between exposure to fluoride during fetal development and behavioral deficits among neonates.
5) Several recent studies have found that even adult exposures to fluoride may result in central nervous system disturbances, particularly among industrial workers.
5) The findings of neurological effects in fluoride-exposed humans is consistent with, and strengthened by, recent findings from over 40 animal studies published since 1992. As with the studies on humans, the studies on animals have reported an impairment in learning and memory prorcesses among the fluoride-treated groups.
6) The animal studies have also documented considerable evidence of direct toxic effects of fluoride on brain tissue, even at levels as low as 1 ppm fluoride in water (Varner 1998). These effects include:
– reduction in nicotinic acetylcholine receptors;
– reduction in lipid content;
– impaired anti-oxidant defense systems;
– damage to the hippocampus;
– damage to the purkinje cells;
– increased uptake of aluminum;
– formation of beta-amyloid plaques (the classic brain abnormality in Alzheimer’s disease);
– exacerbation of lesions induced by iodine deficiency; and
– accumulation of fluoride in the pineal gland.
Here is also another SHIT LOAD of Links for you to see.